Filtration Group Finishing’s combination baffle/strainer-type overspray collector filters are constructed of layers of slit and expanded kraft with an optional final layer of duo-density synthetic polyester backing to maximize efficiency and strength. The front layers of this collector employ larger baffle openings followed with layers of progressively smaller “diamond” design and an optional final back layer of dense non-woven polyester. This filter design allows FG-F to provide products that address the filtration goals of your specific application. Testing on your specific paint can be arranged to assist in environmental evaluation of filter performance and permitting.
Expanded Paper available in pads, rolls, cubes & PC Pleat
Features & Benefits:
- Layers of slit and expanded kraft with multistage designed baffle openings. Supra® products incorporate a final layer of nonwoven polyester for additional efficiency and filter service life.
- Broad offering of products to provide optimum filtration for a wide range of coatings and applications
- Extended service life for fewer change-outs
- Ease of handling, installation and disposal
- Both flame retardant (UL Listed) and non flame retardant versions available
- Available in rolls and cut pads for easy installation
- MM or or Mini-Mesh final layer adds to the graduated density designed into the product
Standard & Standard Mini Mesh
Filtration Group Finishing’s baffle-type Standard Mini-Mesh Collector is comprised of up to seven layers of kraft media, each slit and expanded into a mesh with baffle-like surfaces. These baffled layers form a multistage collection design which creates the action necessary for superior depth-loading characteristics. The layers with the larger baffled openings are positioned at the front of the collector. As the exhaust air passes through the collector, these larger front baffles cause the initial turbulence and surface contact removing the larger overspray particulates. The final layers incorporate smaller baffled openings which efficiently trap the vast percentage of the remaining particulates. With this configuration, the Standard and Standard Mini-Mesh Collector provide high efficiency as well as good holding capacity. These collectors are designed for general application with a wide variety of coatings ranging from lacquers to bake-dry enamels and is particularly suitable for use wherever conventional coatings are being sprayed.
High Cap Mini Mesh
Filtration Group Finishing’s baffle-type High-Capacity Mini-Mesh Collector also provides excellent efficiency and very high holding capacity. The High-Capacity Mini-Mesh Collector utilizes eight layers of slit and expanded kraft, again creating a multistage collection design. The first three layers of this collector employ extremely large baffle openings for maximum particulate holding capacity.The High-Capacity Mini-Mesh Collector is excellent for use with a wide range of coatings and especially with heavier, tacky-type coatings, conventional coatings and in situations requiring extended service life.
SUPRA I Mini Mesh
The combination baffle/strainer-type Supra l Mini-Mesh Collector boasts extremely high efficiency as well as excellent holding capacity. Five layers of slit and expanded kraft with multistage designed baffle openings are combined with one layer of a duo-density singed synthetic backing, which employs two material densities to maximize efficiency and strength. This media was developed to meet the high-efficiency requirements of installations using many of today’s compliance coatings including high solids, waterbornes, catalyzed and bake-dry coatings. Supra l Mini-Mesh Collectors are also recommended for use on coatings with overspray which is tacky to semi-tacky as it encounters the overspray collector. Columbus Industries is the originator of this type media.
SUPRA II Mini Mesh
The Supra ll Mini-Mesh Collector also employs both baffle and strainer principles and performs with high efficiency and excellent holding capacity. The Supra ll Mini-Mesh Collector also has five layers of slit and expanded kraft media with multistage designed baffle openings and one synthetic layer. The Supra ll’s final synthetic layer is less dense than the Supra l’s but still provides high efficiency collection for a wider range of coatings. The Supra ll Mini-Mesh Collector is recommended for the same type of situations as Supra l. This media will, however, have a longer service life when used with coatings that have slightly drier overspray.
SUPRA A Mini Mesh
The Supra A Mini-Mesh Collector combines the high efficiency benefits of the Supra I series of collectors with the outstanding service life of the Supra II series of collectors. The Supra A Mini-Mesh Collector has five layers of slit and expanded kraft media with multistage designed baffle openings and one synthetic layer. Supra A Mini-Mesh Collectors are recommended for a wide range of coatings.
HIGH CAP SUPRA I Mini Mesh, SUPRA II Mini Mesh & SUPRA A Mini Mesh
The High-Capacity Supra l, ll and A Mini-Mesh Collectors combine the advantages of the High-Capacity Mini-Mesh and Supra Mini-Mesh Collectors. This provides high efficiency and very high holding capacities. The High-Capacity Supra Mini-Mesh Collectors incorporate seven layers of slit and expanded kraft with multistage designed baffle openings and one final layer of synthetic media. High-Capacity Supra Mini-Mesh collectors are specifically designed for high overspray efficiency and extremely high holding capacities with coatings that remain tacky to semi-tacky. These collectors can be effectively implemented on a wide range of coatings.
Bonded Supra Paint Overspray Collectors
Filtration Group Finishing’s proven technology of combining layers of slit and expanded kraft with a final layer of synthetic polyester backing is enhanced by using a unique bonding process rather than sewing. This process creates a slightly rigid media that will not “dog-ear” or droop as it becomes loaded with paint. The front layers of these collectors employ large baffle openings followed with layers of progressively smaller “diamond” design and a final back layer of dense non-woven polyester to maximize depth loading, efficiency and strength.
Features & Benefits:
- Layers of slit and expanded kraft with multistage designed baffle openings and a final layer of dense non-woven polyester bonded together to form a slightly rigid collector media
- The “formed diamond” construction enables the multistage baffles to remain open allowing paint to fully depth-load into all layers of the filter thus extending service life and reducing labor costs
- Supra 10 and Supra 10 HC offer the highest arrestance while Supra 20 and Supra 20 HC offer good arrestance with exceptional holding capacity and service life
- Provides low initial “clean” pressure drop, extended service life and high efficiency at an economical price
- Up to 40-50% reduction of disposal costs
- Does not leave residual fibers to contaminate the air stream
- Available in rolls and cut pads for easy installation & handling